Vysa Agreement

Your child should have the opportunity to speak to a lawyer in the Children`s Lawyer`s Office (LCO) for independent legal advice before the contract is signed. CAS usually settles a transfer to the OCL and a lawyer is mandated. If CAS refuses to enter a VYSA, your child can contact the OCL. A voluntary contract, also known as a rolling table, is a contract between you and a Child Welfare Service (CAS). Sometimes your child may be involved in the agreement you are meeting with CAS. This means that they must also approve CAS services and perhaps sign the agreement. A VYSA can be manufactured for a period of 12 months. Your child can terminate the agreement at any time. The contract automatically expires if they are 18 years old.

ADR is an approach to resolving disputes between you and a company. This approach, where appropriate, encourages the involvement and support of the family and extended family and your community in planning and making decisions for children and adolescents. ADR focuses on bringing the right people together to develop the best plan for you. For example, if you don`t agree with the company on the type of mediation that is best for you, ADR can bring together the right people to explore options and develop a plan. At other times, only your child enters into an agreement with CAS. This means that they sign, not you, the collaboration agreement with CAS. This type of agreement is called the Voluntary Youth Assistance Agreement (VYSA). You can enter into an agreement with a company in which you reside to obtain services and assistance, subject to the following eligibility criteria, all of which are necessary: termination of a VYSA A VYSA is a voluntary agreement and you can terminate the agreement at any time (i.e. terminate). If you have signed a volunteer contract, your child will stay with you. CAS keeps your file open and can take other steps if you don`t follow the agreement or if you have new concerns about whether you can take care of your child. If you are a First Nation, Inuk or Métis Youth, the company will inform your First Nation group or first nation, Métis or Inuit community, that the company is ready to enter into an agreement with you so that services are provided to you in a way that respects your cultural identity and helps you preserve yourself and help you stay connected to your community.

heritage and traditions. For example, if a 16-year-old has left home due to an uncertain life situation, he or she can sign an agreement with the CAS. CAS can ensure that they reside with a relative, friend or neighbour, or in a retirement home or group. When you receive services from a company, you should expect support to identify and develop relationships that you feel are important and beneficial to you and that you want to keep for the rest of your life. Services are focused to help you stay in touch with your family, no matter what it means to you, your community and culture. You should have access to services and materials that respect your culture, as well as programs that will help you develop personally. This guide is designed as an additional resource and temporary support, while OACAS, in collaboration with CAS, consults with key stakeholders, collects information and oversees sectoral services for 16 and 17 year olds to identify the best ways of working in the province to work with this new age group. You can discuss ADR with your employee of the Company or the OCL if you think it will help them or if you will get more information. The OCL has a role that helps you if you are considering a VYSA or if you are considering terminating VYSA. If you or the Company is considering terminating VYSA, the OCL will also be informed so that it can provide you with legal advice.

Youth-centred protection service: The youth reception service may have experienced traumatic events or circumstances.

Posted in Uncategorized
Bookmark the permalink.